BeAM Summer 2020 COVID-19 Operations
BeAM’s Murray makerspace will be subdivided into seven, single occupancy equipment/work areas:
- 3D printer
- Laser cutter
- General tools/making
- Wood shop (must have buddy at doorway)
- Sewing station #2
BeAM staff can be scheduled for remote consultations using Zoom.
BeAM’s open hours (listed below) are restricted for researchers, people making sewn face coverings, and making items for peaceful demonstrations/protests. Recreational projects will not be supported at this time. Anyone planning to enter the Murray makerspace must:
- Already be trained in Orientation and for the specific tool needed/reserved
- Reserve a specific space/tool using our online system – verify research project (coming soon)
- Feel well, with no symptoms of any illness for the last 14 days
- Wear a face mask/covering
- Check themselves in using our swipe system
- Wash hands after checking in
- Adhere to social distancing guidelines (min. 6’ distance from others at all times)
- Follow best practices for hand and respiratory hygiene outlined by the CDC
- Disinfect workstations after each session
Murray hours from June 1st to July 31st (subject to change):
- Monday 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Tuesday 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Thursday 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Friday 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
BeAM will be closed on Friday, July 3rd for Independence Day.