BeAM is a network of campus makerspaces where UNC faculty, students and staff utilize state-of-the-art equipment and emerging technologies to design and make physical objects for education, research, entrepreneurship and recreation. BeAM provides expert training and support to UNC innovators in a collaborative, interdisciplinary environment.
BeAM has identified the items below as high priority for the coming year. Please contact us if you have questions about any of these, or if you’d like to see an expanded list of opportunities. We appreciate your consideration and look forward to talking with you!
- BeAM Student Fellows
- $400,000 to endow or $100,000 expendable
- Provides support for advanced student teams to build research, fabrication, and mentorship skills and advance key strategic priorities for UNC, the College of Arts and Sciences, APS, and BeAM.
- BeAM Artist or Maker-In-Residence Program
- $100,000 to endow or $25,000 expendable
- This program will establishes an official partnership with local artists and researchers to create and host trainings, workshops, and events to build the maker community at UNC., and novices will benefit from this program.
- BeAM Innovation and Technology Fund
- Provides students and faculty with the latest and most innovative technology for unique experiential learning opportunities, research, and maker integrated coursework.
- BeAM Excellence Fund
- An Excellence fund will enable the Director to be able to seize new opportunities as they arise, meet unexpected needs and help keep BeAM makerspaces accessible for the entire UNC community.
BeAM has many other programs available for support outside the ranges offered above. Contact Kenny or Colleen (below) to get a full list of options and discuss a level of engagement and support that’s right for you.
Associate Director of Development
UNC Arts & Sciences Foundation
Office: 919.843.5285 Mobile: 704.677.2965
To make a gift using a credit card, please click the button below for secure online giving.
You may also make a donation by check. Please make your check payable to “Arts and Science Foundation, Inc.” with the name of the program you would like to support in the memo line, and mail to:
The Arts and Sciences Foundation
Attn: Jennifer Chandler
University of North Carolina Chapel Hill
523 E. Franklin Street
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-6115
For questions about creating scholarships and professorships, making stock or estate gifts, donation to specific programs, or suggestions on how you can help support the Department of Applied Physical Sciences, please contact:
Associate Chair for Departmental Initiatives
Department of Applied Physical Sciences