BeAM Open Hours and Operations
BeAM will be open with limited hours this summer at our Murray makerspace.
At this time, all trained UNC affiliates are welcome to enter the makerspaces during open hours, which are listed below. While walk-ins are welcome, we encourage you to make a reservation for the laser cutters, embroidery machine, vinyl cutter, electronics workbench, and wood shop to help assure access. Make a reservation on one of those tools or areas using the button below.
Anyone planning to enter BeAM makerspaces must:
- Already be trained and certified to use the space and specific tool requested
- Feel well, with no symptoms of any illness
- Wear a properly fitted face mask/covering in accord with University and CDC guidelines – must be worn at all times while in the makerspace
- Call out their PID for staff to input into our check in system
- Follow best practices for hand and respiratory hygiene outlined by the CDC
*Tool availability is subject to change. Please check our website and reservation system for updates.
Summer 2021 Hours
(Through Saturday, July 31)
|Murray||Closed||Closed||12:00pm - 5:00pm||12:00pm - 5:00pm||12:00pm - 5:00pm||12:00pm - 7:00pm||12:00pm - 7:00pm|
Interim Hours – Research Only
(Tuesday, August 3 – Sunday, August 29)
|Murray||Closed||Closed||3:00PM - 7:00PM||9:00AM - 12:00PM||3:00PM - 7:00PM||9:00AM - 12:00PM||Closed|
Fall 2021 Hours
(BeAM open to all user groups starting Monday, August 30)
|Murray||Closed||Closed||10:00AM - 7:00PM||10:00AM - 7:00PM||10:00AM - 7:00PM||10:00AM - 7:00PM||12:00PM - 5:00PM|
|Hanes Art||12:00PM - 4:00PM||Closed||Closed||Closed||Closed||10:00AM - 2:00PM||Closed|
|Carmichael||4:00PM - 9:00PM||4:00PM - 9:00PM||4:00PM - 9:00PM||4:00PM - 9:00PM||4:00PM - 9:00PM||Closed||Closed|
2021 University Holidays and Breaks
All BeAM spaces will be closed Saturday, September 4 – Monday, September 6 for Labor Day Weekend
All BeAM spaces will be closed Wednesday, November 24 – Sunday, November 28 for Thanksgiving Holiday.