BeAM Open Hours and Operations
At this time, all trained UNC affiliates are welcome to enter the makerspaces during open hours, which are listed below. While walk-ins are welcome, we encourage you to make a reservation for the laser cutters, embroidery machine, vinyl cutter, electronics workbench, and wood shop to help assure access. Make a reservation on one of those tools or areas using the button below.
- All operations will pause starting at 5pm on Wednesday, October 18th for fall break. Operations will resume on Monday, October 23rd.
- BeAM’s Murray makerspace will be closed on Saturday, October 28th for a special event. Our Hanes Art Center makerspace will be open from 12:00 to 5:00pm that day for your making needs.
- All operations will pause starting at 5pm on Tuesday, November 21st for Thanksgiving. Operations will resume on Monday, November 27th.
- All BeAM makerspaces will close at 5:00pm on Friday, December 15th for winter break. Researchers needing access should contact Kenny@beam.unc.edu or any makerspace technical supervisor.
- All makerspaces will fully reopen for the spring semester on Monday, January 22nd.
Fall 2023 Hours
|Murray||Closed||Closed||11:00AM - 7:00PM||11:00AM - 7:00PM||11:00AM - 7:00PM||11:00AM - 7:00PM||11:00AM - 7:00PM|
|Hanes Art||12:00PM - 5:00PM||12:00PM - 5:00PM||Closed||Closed||Closed||12:00PM - 5:00PM||Closed|
|Carmichael||3:00PM - 9:00PM||3:00PM - 9:00PM||3:00PM - 9:00PM||3:00PM - 9:00PM||3:00PM - 9:00PM||Closed||Closed|